The Greens polled a record 10.1% of the primary vote in Victoria, but preferences are required to make up the required quota of 14.3%.
Counting of Senate votes is still in progress, and Richard is still very much in the race against the 3rd Liberal Senate candidate Scott Ryan. Scott believes the Howard Government had the right policies on climate change, so let us hope that Richard wins.
Some factors are:
- Postal votes tend to favour the Liberals
- Absentee votes ("the bushwalker vote") tend to favour the Greens
- Below the line votes are likely to favour the Greens and Labor
If you can help with scrutineering of senate votes for Kooyong (2 hour blocks during the day), please contact Jenny on 0415 821 554
The address is Level 2, 695 Burke Road Camberwell (just south of the Junction).
You don't have to be an expert. Things to look for include:
- All informal votes are sent to Hawthorn for double checking and data entry
- Votes go into the right piles
- Numbers of votes in a batch that go to various parties
Please contact me via email or mobile if you need further information.